Main summer school topics
- From modern health care challenges to OR methods and approaches
- What is and how to measure value in health? How to model stakeholders and decision-makers views for OR modelling?
- How to use simulation to produce key information for health decision-making?
- How to achieve decision-makers objectives through mathematical programming?
- How to properly combine methods to solve real health care challenges and promote value based health care?
- Sally Brailsford, USouthampton
- Carlos Bana e Costa, ULisboa
- Erwin Hans, UTwente
- Alec Morton, UStrathclyde
- Martin Utley, UCL
To make the participants acquainted with multiple operational research and value in health topics and to promote discussion, the summer school programme is organized with a combination of:
- Key concepts and methods;
- Software tutorials for practical model building, and case studies discussion;
- Cross-cutting and challenge-driven application of methods;
- Students’ research ideas discussion and feedback;
During the school, students will work on two real challenges that will be given by two Portuguese and Spanish hospitals (some data and background information will be provided), having the opportunity to interact with stakeholders from these hospitals:
- Students will work in multidisciplinary teams during the week and will be able to interact in different formats with hospital stakeholders;
- Students will need to combine distinct OR techniques to address the challenges,;
- Students’ proposals of solutions will be assessed by hospital stakeholders and by an OR expert that will select the most valuable answer to the challenge.
A symbolic prize and diploma will be given to the winner group. Roberto Aringhieri (UTurin) will lead the jury. Hospitals involved:
European Credit Transfer and Accumulation System (ECTS)
The Summer School corresponds to 2.5 ECTS.
More detailed information regarding the scientific program will soon be available.